By Amanda LeBlanc
As a business owner and mother of 2, I do just about anything that will give me an extra minute in my day. I have been asked over and over again what advice I have for the busy mom. Here are a few steadfast tricks that I use to make my life easier and help me keep my sanity!
- First things first, you start your day in the closet getting dressed.
A well-designed and organized closet can save you time and frustration. If you don’t have the right closet, then this is a great investment. There are functional and economical systems, like freedomRail by Organized Living, which can make the closet of your dreams a reality. By having an organized closet with all of the storage that you need, getting dressed in the morning will be much easier.
- Increase efficiency in your morning routine by using jewelry boards.
As you run to look for the perfect earring, you can’t find what you need. A jewelry board is a great tip for solving that problem. You can use something as simple as a cork board and T pins or use a cute fabric covered board with pins. I have three boards hung next to the mirror in my closet and all of my everyday necklaces, bracelets and earrings are hanging on the boards just waiting for me to accessorize.
Now that we have addressed a couple of things you can do for yourself to save time, let’s talk about the kids.
- If you want your kids to put something away, don’t put a lid on it!
I know I have said this a million times, but a lid is a barrier between your child and whatever toy needs to be put away. Plus, how do they know what basket to put each toy in when it comes to clean-up?
- Labels! Use fun labels on the front of containers. For those of you with little ones who can’t read yet, labels are even more important. Create labels with the picture and word on the front of containers. This will help your kids learn through word recognition. Not only are you helping them learn the great art of being organized, but also they are learning independence and responsibility. See how important the little things can be?
- One last tip that you can implement this month is the kid’s backseat organizer!
We all hear about no texting and hands free talking but have you ever been in the car with a mom and 2 toddlers? There is nothing more distracting than trying to juggle the wants and needs of kids in the car. There is an answer: it’s the kids’ backseat organizer. This canvas bin buckles in to the backseat and has all the compartments you need for stocking the car with everything your kids are going to ask for, giving you a safe and organized car.
I hope that you will be able to use one or more of these great tips and start making your day more efficient and less stressful! Until next time- Keep it organized! ~ Amanda