Use the basement to free up living space throughout the home for parties, gatherings and more. Follow these helpful tips to get started.
- The basement is a great spot to store seasonal clothes, extra linens and outdoor supplies. Install a strong storage system like freedomRail to hold even the heaviest loads.
- Use ceiling space to free up valuable floor and shelf space. Install hooks in ceiling joints to hang folding chairs, skis and garden hoses.
- Be sure to label storage containers as you’re putting them away so you can easily identify what is inside. Make sure you place the label where you can easily read it.
- Ventilated drawers systems work great for storing bulk cleaning supplies, paper towels and utilities. Maximize vertical space by stacking them as high as 6’ tall.
- Add an Over the Door storage system to the back of the door leading into the basement. It’s a great place to store extra holiday food and doesn’t require any extra space.