Arranging bookshelves can be tough. The goal is to fill the shelves for a cozy look, but to avoid too much clutter. There truly is a fine line. Follow these simple organizational tips to gain beautifully organized shelves.
- Avoid over cluttering shelves with knick knacks. To many can overwhelm the space making them look cluttered and messy.
- Stack books horizontally and vertically to create optical interest.
- Add colorful paper or paint to the back wall of shelves to create a more personalized look.
- Use pretty storage boxes and baskets, such as Organized Livings Simple Baskets, for organization as well as aesthetic.
- Items do not have to be in one straight line, especially if you have deep shelves. Experiment with bringing some items forward or backward.
- Add a few striking pieces that will draw the eye, like an interesting antique or colorful figurine.
- Use vases as bookends for a more interesting look.
- Create your own shelving unit. Use the Organized Living design tool to create shelving that reflects your unique personal storage style and needs.